COVID-19 Changes to licensing services
Changes to our Licensing Service
We are experiencing some disruption to our licensing service as a result of Corona Virus restrictions.
- We are continuing to process applications where we can.
- Note that our offices are currently closed.
- Please send any documents by email to email@example.com
- Please make payments by phone on 01303 853660
- We are not accepting any new driver applications at this time.
- Knowledge tests are postponed until further notice.
Renewals - special arrangements
- Applications to renew vehicle and driver licences are being processed.
- If you are due to renew your licence but are self-isolating or are not currently working as a result of Government restrictions, we will allow you to let your licence lapse with a view to a full renewal application being made at a later date when you are able to continue working.
- This means a vehicle or driver will be unlicensed for a period of time and will not be able to carry out taxi work. However, the new application will be treated as if it were a renewal (for example, vehicles can be over three years old, drivers will not be required to sit a knowledge test or complete a new medical if it was not due).
- However, you must email us before your licence expires, confirming your wish to allow the licence to lapse and your intention to reapply at a later date. Please clearly state your name and badge/ plate number in the email.
- We will set a final deadline, by which anyone wishing to benefit from these special arrangements must submit their application by paying the fee and providing all required documentation.
- We understand that drivers may be unable to obtain a medical due to restricted access to GP surgeries. In such cases, we are asking drivers to complete and return a self -declaration of medical fitness.
- This will operate as a temporary measure for three months to enable drivers to continue to work.
- If your DBS was due, you should complete the online application form via the email from Employment check that will have been sent to you.
- We will arrange to verify ID to complete the process as soon as we are able to do so.
- It remains a condition of your licence that you notify us of any convictions.
Vehicle Compliance checks
- Cheriton Motor House, which provides our compliance testing services is currently closed.
- We expect to have an additional garage available for new compliance checks from 1st April.
- If your vehicle compliance certificate expires between 30 March and 30 June then the expiry date will be extended for 6 months. Vehicles must still be roadworthy and meet all legal requirements and licence conditions set out in our handbook.
- If your compliance certificate expires before 30 March and you wish to use your vehicle, you must supply a new MOT certificate from any approved testing centre.
Street Collection Permits
Given the current restrictions, we will not be issuing any permits at this time.
Personal and Premises Licences
- We are not able to receive new personal licence applications at this time.
- Businesses are advised to note current restrictions on pubs, clubs, restaurants and other venues.
Animal welfare licences
We are not able to process new applications at this time.