We are sorry for the issues some residents are experiencing with their waste collections. Report a missed bin here.

Relaxation of planning regulations

Relaxation on planning regulations

Communities Secretary confirms the government will set out measures so that pubs and restaurants can operate as hot food takeaways to serve people having to stay at home

  • Relaxation of planning measures will be introduced as soon as possible and will apply for a limited period 
  • Currently planning permission is required for businesses to carry out this change
  • The measures will apply to hot food and drinks. Serving of alcoholic drinks will continue to be subject to existing licensing laws.
  • Permitted development rights allow movement between one use class and another for example from a restaurant (A3) to a shop (A1) without planning permission.
  • The government will introduce a time limited permitted development right through secondary legislation (negative SI) to allow the temporary change of use of a pub (A4 - drinking establishment) and a restaurant (A3 - restaurants and cafes) to a hot-food take away for a period of up to 12 months only.
  • Businesses will be required to tell the local planning authority when the new use begins and ends

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page