Apply for a gambling or charity licence

Gambling premises licences, gaming machine permits, other gambling permits, as well as charity collections

We have responsibility for betting, casino and bingo premises as well as premises with gaming machines and small society lotteries. You can read our Icon for pdf Gambling Policy [590.37KB] which sets out our approach to meet the licensing objectives of the Gambling Act 2005.

We have adopted a new Icon for pdf Gambling Statement of Principles [591.74KB]. The new statement was published on 18th March 2019 and will come into effect on 15th April 2019.

If you wish to run either a bingo hall, an adult gaming centre, an off-track betting premises, an on-track betting premises (except point-to-point and track side), or a family entertainment centre you must get a gambling premises licence
If you wish to run a small lottery (for example, a raffle or tombola) for a non-commercial society, you need to register it with us
If you want to offer prize gaming at your premises, and don't already have a gambling premises licence, you will need a permit
If you're a small charity or local group and you wish to make house to house collections, you must have a permit
You'll need a permit if you want to collect money or sell items for charity on the street. Street includes any public area

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page