If you have questions after receiving your annual council tax bill - click here for a guide to where you can find more information.


The UK has left the EU and new rules will take effect on 1 January 2021.

The most up-to-date guidance on a range of matters affected by the changes can be found on the central government website.

There are step-by-step videos and guides to help residents and businesses be ready for the new arrangements.

You can also sign up to receive email alerts about Brexit from central government.

Sharing information

Up-to-date intelligence from around the district is very important to us as we feed in data to our Kent partner agencies to minimise any disruption throughout the county.

You can help us by sending any information about traffic congestion, parked lorries or community issues to emergency.planning@folkestone-hythe.gov.uk

Information for UK residents

The government has issued guidance on how to prepare for Brexit if you live in the UK. You can find information on:

Visiting Europe: including passports, driving and travel, European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), travel with pets and mobile roaming charges.

Buying things from Europe: including consumer rights, making payments and package holidays.

Studying in the EU: including Erasmus+ and other options for higher education study abroad.

Family law disputes in the EU: including divorce and disputes about parental responsibility or child maintenance.

EU Settlement Scheme

We value the contribution you make to our community and want you to stay in our district after the EU leaves the UK.

The government has published official guidance for EU citizens.

Please contact the Home Office directly with any queries you might have.

There is also a step-by-step guide to help people understand what they need to do if they are continuing to live in the UK.

If there is a Brexit deal, the deadline for applying to the EU Settlement Scheme will be 30 June 2021 - otherwise it will be 31 December 2020.

Preparing your business

Businesses can get a personalised checklist to be 'Brexit ready' by answering a few short questions on the government's website.

More information about changes to businesses trading goods with the EU and those who employ UK citizens can be found on Kent County Council's Brexit pages.

There is also a dedicated Brexit transition section on the Folkestone Works website.

Brexit transition graphic

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page