Click here to find out about the changes to our waste collection service

Ways to pay your Council Tax

Payments are normally made each month between April and January. You can apply to spread your payments over 12 months, and change the date of your instalments.

Pay online

You can pay your Council Tax using a credit or a debit card.

Direct Debit

Setting up a Direct Debit to pay your Council Tax bill is simple, convenient and secure.

You can choose for payments to be taken automatically from your bank account on either the 1st, 8th, 16th, or 26th of the month. If you don't give us a preferred date we'll take payments on the first day of the month.

You'll need to have your bank details to hand including:

  • account name
  • account number
  • branch sort code

When you have signed up we'll send you a confirmation letter, which includes a copy of the Direct Debit Guarantee.

We'll let you know in advance the amount and the date of payments to be taken from your account. We'll also amend your payments automatically if the amount you have to pay changes. 

Change instalments date for non direct debit payments

If you are not paying by direct debit and wish to amend the date your instalments are due, or request for any arrears to be included in your payments,  please  complete the following form.

Bank transfer

You'll need:

  • your Council Tax account number to use as a reference so that we can identify you
  • the Council's bank details:
    • Account name: Folkestone & Hythe District Council
    • Account number: 47159227
    • Sort code: 52-41-42

At a Post Office

  • It's free to pay by cash, cheque or a debit card at any Post Office
  • You'll need to take your Council Tax bill with you so that the bar code can be read
  • Cheques should be made out to 'The Post Office'

 Find your nearest Post Office

At a PayPoint

  • You can pay at any PayPoint for free
  • You'll need to take your Council Tax bill with you so that the bar code can be read

Find your nearest PayPoint

At a bank

  • You can pay by cash or cheque at your bank. You'll need to take your paying-in-slip with you
  • Cheques should be made out to 'Folkestone & Hythe District Council'
  • The bank may charge you for this service

By post

You can send a cheque payable to 'Folkestone & Hythe District Council' to:

Revenues and Benefits Services
Folkestone & Hythe District Council
Civic Centre
Castle Hill Avenue
CT20 2QY

You need to print your name, address and Council Tax account number on the back of the cheque.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page