Premises licence pre-application advice
Our high quality, professional advice will make the process of applying for a premises licence run more smoothly
Before you start
- ensure that you have the correct planning permissions to turn the property into a licensed premises eg correct Use Classes and check for any restrictions that would prevent it being used for licensable activities
- if you've just acquired or moved into the property, it is worth checking with the proprietor or landlord if there is already a licence in place, if so you can apply to transfer a premises licence
Why use this service?
- advice and assistance completing your application, statutory notices, and advertisements
- gives you an understanding of any potential issues that could arise
- saves you time and money by understanding when an application is unacceptable
Does pre-application advice guarantee that my application will be successful?
No. All premises licence applications are subject to a 28 day representation period where members of the public and responsible authorities can comment on your application. If representations are received, the responsible authorities will determine your application at a hearing.
How much it costs
Premises licence pre-application advice fees
|Basic written advice||£24|
|30 minute meeting with written advice||£47|
How to apply
Apply online using the button below.
Apply for pre-application advice
We will ask you for the following
- application form
- payment in full
- plan of the premises as near to scale as possible
If you don't provide the necessary documents and payment you will be notified that there is information missing and your application will not be progressed.
How long it takes
We'll acknowledge your request in 3 working days and let you know the licensing officer dealing with your request. Depending on the type of advice requested, the timelines differ slightly.
Basic written advice
- we'll provide a full response in 10 working days
30 minute meeting with written advice
- we'll arrange the meeting within 10 working days and a written response will be provided within 10 working days of the date of the meeting