People will be contacted when the vaccine is available for them. Please do not phone GP surgeries, the CCG, or other NHS services with general queries about when you will be able to get the vaccine.
Vaccination Centres in the district
We are pleased to announce there are now four vaccination centres in the district:
- Folca (the former Debenhams store) - a large vaccination centre in Folkestone Town Centre, 48-66 Sandgate Road, Folkestone, CT20 1DN
- The Civic Centre car park at the Civic Centre, Folkestone, CT20 2QY
- ·Oaklands Surgery in Stade St, Hythe, CT21 6BD
- Lydd Airport in Romney Marsh, TN29 9QL
The Romney Marsh Community Support Hub is working with Kent County Council to provide transport to those who have no other way of getting up to Lydd Airport. The conditions of accessing this support are that you must have an appointment from your GP for a vaccination for the Lydd Airport Vaccination Centre; you must not have any other means of getting there and you must let the hub know about any mobility issues in advance of being collected.
The latest details of all the vaccination centres can be found on the NHS Kent Community Health Foundation Trust website.
Make sure you help rather than hinder the vaccination effort:
- Please do not turn up at any sites without an appointment. You will be invited to attend once it is your turn to receive the jab.
- Please do not ring your GP about a vaccination. They are already very busy and this could hinder progress. Your surgery will contact you when it is your turn to get the jab.
- Please continue to follow all guidelines and remember: Hands - Face - Space
If you have an appointment at Folca (the former Debenhams building)
You can find details of all council car parks on our dedicated page.
The nearest council car parks to Folca are:
- Foresters Way - 27 spaces and 2 disabled spaces at Foresters Way, Folkestone, Kent CT20 1BU
- Sandgate Road - 176 spaces and 4 disabled spaces at Sandgate Road, Folkestone, Kent CT20 2EE
- Pleydell Gardens - 41 spaces and 2 disabled spaces at Pleydell Gardens, Folkestone, Kent CT20 2DN
- Shellons Street - 64 spaces and 2 disabled spaces at St Eanswythe Way, Folkestone, Kent CT20 1BP
- Upper Payers Park - 47 spaces and 4 disabled at Payers Park, Folkestone, Kent CT20 1EZ
Helpful tips for your appointment
Please be mindful of the following:
- You will only be given the vaccination if invited.
- You may have to queue outside, please dress warmly and bring a bottle of water and a snack. Please social distance whilst queuing.
- Visit the loo beforehand. If you need to use a toilet near the vaccination centre you can find can find details of public toilets in the district on our dedicated page.
- Please don't bring anyone else with you unless you absolutely have to. If you can't attend without someone else's help they can accompany you. Once at the centre we may ask them to wait in a different area. Please let a member of staff know if this isn't possible.
- Please check in at the entrance, someone will be there to greet you and ensure that you have a correct appointment and check your details.
Thank you for getting vaccinated! You're taking a big step towards protecting yourself and our community from COVID-19 infection.
We hope you enjoy your visit to Folkestone & Hythe. We hope to welcome you back to our beautiful district when all we have to offer can be enjoyed to the full.