We are sorry for the issues some residents are experiencing with their waste collections. Report a missed bin here.

Types of emergencies

How to plan in the event of flooding, power cuts, extreme weather, marine pollution, or a nuclear incident

Over half the homes in the district are at risk from flooding. Even if you don't live near the coast or a river, surface water flooding can happen after heavy rainfall when the drains can't cope.
Information on what to do if you experience a power or water cut.
We work closely with Kent County Council (KCC) and HM Coastguard, and have an emergency plan should a marine pollution incident, such as an oil or chemical spill, occur along our coastline
Common issues include road and travel disruptions, damage and disruption to basic utilities, and damage to property
Kent County Council has an emergency plan on how the council and emergency services will respond to and manage an incident at Dungeness B

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page