Financial Support Payment scheme for Council Tax
You may be able to get some extra help with your Council Tax
Who can apply?
To be considered for a Financial Support Payment award, you must:
- be experiencing extreme and intolerable financial hardship;
- be getting or have applied for Council Tax Reduction; and
- show that you have tried all other reasonable ways to try to pay your Council Tax
Apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) - Folkestone & Hythe District
How it works
Financial Support Payment is not a cash payment, but an account balancing payment to help manage debt.
Any award approved will only be made for Council Tax within the current financial year and will only be provided for a limited time.
How to apply
Complete the online application form, making sure you provide:
- your Council Tax reference number
- information on any illnesses or disabilities that you think contribute to higher expenses eg a letter from your GP
- the value of household savings and other assets
- details of household income and expenditure
What happens next?
We will notify you of the outcome of your application in writing via email or post.