We are sorry for the issues some residents are experiencing with their waste collections. Report a missed bin here.

Private Renting

Adapted services for Private Sector Housing team
If you rent from a private landlord, there's lots of choice - including houses, flats, studio apartments, bedsits, and rooms in shared housing
A house in multiple occupation (HMO) is a house occupied by people who do not live as a single household
The Private Sector Housing team offer an immigration inspection service
We'll carry out an inspection either when a tenant makes a complaint or as part of work targeted to improve housing stock
When landlords fail to fix an issue in a reasonable timescale, we may have to take formal enforcement action
Landlords have a responsibility to ensure that their tenants are protected against the risk of fire
For help with poor housing conditions in a rented house, Houses in multiple occupation (including HMO licensing), reporting an empty property and fire safety concerns.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page