Apply for a personal licence to sell alcohol

A person named as the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) on a premises licence must hold a personal licence

Who can be a personal licence holder

You can apply if you:

You can't apply if you:

  • have given up a personal licence in the last 5 years
  • have had a previous application rejected as a result of an objection by the police

How much is costs

Personal licence fees
Personal licence to sell alcohol£37

How to apply

Complete the application form

Complete, and return the application form with payment to the address shown on the form.

Ensure you read the guidance to help you complete the form.

Icon for pdf Personal Licence Application [49.33KB]
Icon for pdf Personal licence to sell alcohol application guidance [86.96KB]

You can pay by credit or debit card by calling us on 01303 853660.

What do I need to submit with my application?

With your completed application form include:

What happens next?

We'll get in touch if we need any additional information, otherwise we'll process your application in 5 clear working days.

Tell us about any changes

For your licence to remain valid you must tell us if you change your name or address, or if you are convicted of a relevant offence either during the application period or once your licence is granted.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page